A Prayer for our Priests
You came from among us to be, for us, one who serves. We thank you for ministering Christ to us and helping us minister Christ to each other.
We are grateful for the many gifts you bring to our community:
• Drawing us together in worship
• Visiting us in our homes
• Comforting us in sickness
• Showing us compassion
• Uniting us in marriage
• Batpising our children
• Confirming us in our calling
• Supporting us in bereavement
• Helping us to grow in faith
• Encouraging us to take the initiative
• Helping the whole community realise God’s presence among us
For our part, we pray that we may always be attentive to your needs and never take you for granted. You, like us, need friendship, love, welcome, a sense of belonging, kind words and acts of thoughtfulness.
We pray, also, for priests who have wounded priesthood. May we be willing to forgive and may they be open to healing. Let us support one another during times of crisis.
God our Father, we ask you to bless our priests and confirm them in their calling. Give them the gifts they need to respond with generosity and a joyful heart.
We offer this prayer for our priest, who is our brother and friend, Amen.